Saturday, July 25, 2009

Where we came from...


This is the plaque inside my church at Palo. The church has been ministering in Palo since 1846 (that's pretty early for rural Michigan). Our current stone building replaced the original wooden one in 1927. You never really know who you are until you know where you've been. In the case of First Baptist of Palo, the church has come full-circle somewhat. I didn't know this when I first visited the church as a guest preacher, but Rev. J VanVleck is a distant relative of mine; his great-great-great (or something like that) niece is a 4th or 5th cousin of mine; we were friends throughout school. (her dad's photography studio took the pictures at our wedding) I'm proud to carry on the work that was started by J. VanVleck. I guess it is a small world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment