Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do this in remembrance of Me


This is the altar at Palo that we use for our monthly communion. Of all the things that a pastor does, two stand out to me. The first is performing a wedding, it always feels special as I remember my own wedding and help two new people begin that journey. The second is communion. I remember the first time I led a communion service; I was filling in at Galilee years ago before I had my own church. The memorable thing about it was that I got the chance to hand the bread and the "wine" to my own dad (a deacon at Galilee); that was a moment that stuck with me, we all want to make our parents proud of us, and I really felt like I was taking a step in the right direction in that department. My wife partakes of communion every week (at the Cathedral of St. Andrew), but most of us Baptists only have the service one a month; either way, it'll always be significant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment