Monday, July 27, 2009

A Moment of Rest




These are pictures of the pond that Nicole and I dug in our front yard about six years ago. The project turned out to be a LOT more work than it seemed when Nicole came up with the idea (not to mention occurring during the hottest and most humid week of the year). I wasn't sure about the idea at first, but since it was put in I've discovered that I really enjoy having this little place of peace right outside my front door. I don't mind the bit of maintenance it takes, it's actually nice to keep something in a "natural state" in good working condition. The real benefit of this pond is the chance it gives both of us to take a few moments when we need them to go and sit by the pond and just listen to the water, watch the fish or the frogs, and let life's troubles and worries be for a while. Perhaps you don't have the chance to get a moment alone in nature, but don't underestimate the healing power of taking a few minutes to just sit and let life go for a while. When you think about it, how worried do those two frogs look anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment