Saturday, July 25, 2009

Joshua 21:45 "Not one of all the LORD's good promises..."

This verse struck me the other day as I read it; "Not one of all the LORD's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled." If only you or I could say that about anyone or anything else. Even when we fully intend to keep our promises, to fulfill our obligations, we don't always have the ability to do it. When I think over the past eight years of my marriage to Nicole, the times that I wasn't able to do what she needed (even though I wanted to), have been the things that have caused me the most grief. If only I could do everything that I need to do. Thanks be to God that we worship a God who does keep his promises. And not just typical promises, but "good promises"; promises to be our Protector, Comforter, Guide. When God promises to do something, we don't have to worry about whether or not he can, and because he is God, we don't have to worry about whether or not he will. The next time somebody or something in your life lets you down, take a moment to consider that God has never broken a promise to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment