Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Providential "coincidence"

I received a call in my office today from the local pregnancy outreach group, ABC (a group that does amazing work helping pregnant women and young mothers) about a need for a ride right now for someone from a hospital in Pittsburgh back to Oil City.  If someone from here were to leave not, it would take a little over an hour to get there.  I talked to the person in need, not thinking that any answer could be found on such short notice, until my brain remembered something I had heard earlier today.  My neighbor, and good friend of Nicole and I, Pastor Jeff Little (1st UMC), was in Pittsburgh today for a denominational meeting; could it be that he hadn't started to drive back yet??
I quickly called Jeff and found out that he had just stopped at a gas station prior to leaving to come back; yikes!  Talk about a God thing, I know that sometimes things don't work out no matter how hard we try, and yet there are times like this that a solution just seems to fall into our laps.  Of course, it required someone like Jeff to be willing to be the hands/feet of Christ.  How many times are we left stymied because nobody answers the call?  I guess it's a good thing I called Jeff this morning to see if he would join Nicole and I for a movie tonight; God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment