Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Where are the thoughts?

I know that I haven't posted any new thoughts in a month, but the reason for the draught is a good one.  We've been making a lot of progress with Mustard Seed Missions of late and that work is eating into my time to read and ponder throughout the week.  I have several books on the shelf here at the office that I'm itching to get through, but when God is working amongst his people, as he is now through MSM, that's where my focus needs to be.

This week we have 23 teens and six adults from the Episcopal Diocese of Medina, OH here in Franklin working on MSM projects.  I've had the joy of meeting with these kids each morning as we get the multiple work teams on the road to their sites, and also the responsibility of making sure that MSM's project leaders and projects are running smoothly; and of course, the new MSM referrals keep coming in this week as well, five more already.

In years prior, when Nicole and I were back in Saranac, wondering and anxious about what God wanted us to do, hoping for an opportunity to work full-time in the ministry, and not sure where or when that might be; it was a steady prayer of mine that God would make me more useful to his kingdom.  As you know, don't pray for patience unless you really want to learn how to be patient, and don't pray to be used by God unless you're willing to get to work.  God brought us here, God put us to work, and we're loving it.  Right now I'm just thankful for the opportunity to be a part of what God is doing here in Venango County and thankful to have so many wonderful Christians from all over the county who are willing to join in this mission to the needy in our midst.

Don't worry, I'll get back to writing commentary on books, news, and whatever strikes my fancy soon enough, for now, God's got me too busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment