Sunday, January 8, 2012

Franklin PA, Day 1

Today was my first official day as the pastor of the First Baptist Church of Franklin.  Nicole and I arrived here on Wednesday night and began the laborious task of unpacking, we were joined by my parents who came down for the weekend and helped out.  Today's message, the Year of Jubilee from Leviticus, was the same message that I preached as a farewell to Palo.  The Scripture works for both an end to something and a beginning to something because it teaches us that we need to have second chances in life and start thing afresh from time to time.  The people at Palo began life without me today, the people here at Franklin begin it with me...On a lighter note: I was "recognized" on the street yesterday by the owner of the antique mall; he had seen the article in The News Herald on Saturday that detailed who the new pastor of the 1st Baptist Church was and included the photo of myself and Nicole at the Stanley Cup Finals (where they beat the Penguins by the way!) with my Red Wings jersey on; as they say in hockey, "game on".

No comments:

Post a Comment