Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Edge of the Dark Sea

I'm 2/3 of the way through the first quarter in which I've taught "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness", by Andrew Peterson, to my class of ninth and tenth graders. This book came to my attention last year when my wife Nicole bought it and we read it together. Peterson is a Christian author, a famous singer/songwriter to boot, who wrote a great series that speaks to both kids and adults (I used it in Summer enrichment w/ 3-5th graders, they loved it). This book would be great for any kid to read (no fear of anything objectionable), and it contains solid moral principles of family, duty, and honor sprinkled throughout the narrative. On top of that, it's nuts. Not in the way of something that doesn't make any sense, but rather in the laugh-out-loud sort of way. The 2nd book in the series is, "North, or Be Eaten", the 3rd book will be out in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment